– AUD/USD Unfazed Ahead of U.S. Election; Topside Targets Remain Favored.
– USD/JPY Outlook Mired by Wait-and-See BoJ Policy; 105.40 Hurdle Remains in Focus.
Chart – Created Using Trading View
- The Australian dollar outperforms forward of a U.S. Presidential election, and a higher-yielding banking might work a proceed behind towards a Oct high (0.7734) as it carves a near-term array of aloft highs lows; broader opinion for AUD/USD stays constructive as a span continues to trade within a descending triangle arrangement from progressing this year, while a Relative Strength Index (RSI) preserves a ceiling trend carried over from a summer months.
- It seems as yet a Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) will validate a wait-and-see proceed during a final 2016 process assembly on Dec 6 as a executive bank sees a economy growing‘close to a intensity rate, before gradually strengthening;’ might see a near-term resilience in a Australian dollar lift into 2017 should Governor Philip Lowe and Co. uncover a larger eagerness to gradually pierce divided from a easing-cycle.
- May see AUD/USD trade within a tightening operation as a span mostly stays capped around 0.7730 (61.8% retracement) to 0.7770 (61.8% expansion), though a break/close above a Fibonacci overlie might beget a near-term breakout, with a subsequent topside segment of seductiveness entrance in around 0.7835 (2016 high) to 0.7860 (61.8% expansion).
Chart – Created Using Trading View
- USD/JPY gaps aloft as U.S. Election polls uncover Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton in a lead, with a allege in a sell rate mostly accompanied by a pickup in risk appetite; broader opinion for USD/JPY stays churned as a span retains a downward trend from progressing this year, while a RSI preserves a bullish arrangement carried over from a summer months.
- A serve pickup in risk ardour might keep USD/JPY afloat over a entrance days, though a bullish view surrounding a dollar-yen might mostly uncover going into 2017 as a Bank of Japan (BoJ) Minutes advise Governor Haruhiko Kuroda and Co. are in no rush to serve embark on a easing-cycle; might see marketplace courtesy change to a 2017 financial process opinion following a U.S. Presidential choosing as a Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) looks staid to broach a Dec rate-hike.
- A tighten above 104.20 (61.8% retracement) might coax another pierce during a 105.40 jump (50% retracement) following a unsuccessful try to pull next a former-resistance section around 102.70 (38.2% expansion).
- The DailyFX Speculative Sentiment Index (SSI) shows a sell throng stays net-long USD/JPY given Jul 21, with a ratio imprinting a 2016-extreme of +6.04 in September, while traders have been net-short AUD/USD given a start of November.
- USD/JPY SSI sits during +1.73 as 63% of traders are long, with brief positions 34.8% reduce from a prior week as open seductiveness stands 15.2% next a monthly average.
- AUD/USD SSI sits during -1.36 as 42% of traders are long, with prolonged positions 28.6% reduce from a prior week, while open seductiveness stands 4.2% next a monthly average.
- Will keep a tighten eye on marketplace appearance as a USD/JPY SSI continues to slight forward of a U.S. Presidential election.
Why and how do we use a SSI in trading? View a video and download a giveaway indicator here
Click Here for a DailyFX Calendar
Get a tip trade opportunities of 2016 HERE
US Dollar, Asian Stocks Rise as FBI Clears Clinton Again
Was a EUR/USD Drop a Trap?
Crude Oil Price Forecast: Expect An Important Move Off 200-DMA
Technical Focus: Copper Changing Color
— Written by David Song, Currency Analyst
To hit David, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on Twitter during @DavidJSong.
To be combined to David’s e-mail placement list, greatfully follow this link.