To accept Michael’s research directly around email, greatfully SIGN UP HERE
- AUD/USD Carves monthly opening operation next pivotal near-term resistance
- Check out a New AUD/USD quarterly projections in a Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
AUD/USD Daily Chart
Technical Outlook: AUD/USD is figure out a well-defined monthly opening operation only next a pivotal near-term insurgency operation during 7887/98– this segment is tangible by a 61.8% retracement of a Sep decrease a Oct pitch highs and converges on simple slope insurgency fluctuating off a 2017 high.
The evident allege is during risk while next this threshold near-term and as remarkable in my Weekly Technical Perspective, “From a trade standpoint, I’m looking reduce into a monthly open though eventually a incomparable shock would offer auspicious long-entries within this proportions of this broader uptrend.”
New to Forex? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
AUD/USD 240min Chart
Notes: A closer demeanour during cost movement sees Aussie branch only forward of remarkable insurgency with a pullback now contrast halt support here during 7800/13. A mangle next this levels shifts a concentration towards connection slope support during ~7750s corroborated by a 2016 high-day tighten during 7735– both levels of seductiveness for probable depletion / long-entries IF reached.
A topside crack of this arrangement would expected fuel accelerated gains for a span with such a unfolding targeting successive insurgency objectives during 7991 and a 2017 high-day tighten during 8054. Bottom line: a evident concentration is on a mangle of a 7800-7898 operation for superintendence with a pierce reduce to eventually offer some-more auspicious long-entries. Note that a mercantile calendar is rather still until a tail finish of a week with a U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI) and Retail Sales on tap.
For a finish relapse of Michael’s trade strategy, examination his Foundations of Technical Analysis mini-series
- A outline of IG Client Sentimentshows traders are net-short AUDUSD- a ratio stands during -2.05 (67.8% of traders are long) – bearish reading
- Retail has remained net-short given Dec 19; cost has changed 2.3% aloft given then
- The commission of traders net-long is now a lowest given Sep 07
- Long positions are 8.0% reduce than yesterday and 14.2% reduce from final week
- Short positions are 5.1% aloft than yesterday and 21.0% aloft from final week
- We typically take a contrarian perspective to throng sentiment, and a fact traders are net-short suggests AUDUSD prices might continue to rise. Traders are serve net-short than yesterday and final week, and a multiple of stream positioning and new changes gives us a stronger AUDUSD-bullish contrarian trade disposition from a view standpoint.
See how shifts in AUD/USD sell positioning are impacting trend- Click here to learn some-more about sentiment!
Relevant Data Releases
Why does a normal merchant lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Other Setups in Play
- Weekly Technical Outlook- USD Crosses Grind into 2018 Open
- USD/CAD Bears to Face NFP / Canada Employment
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis – Price Rebound Eyes Key Resistance Hurdles
- Crude Oil Price Analysis: Multi-month Consolidation Break Imminent
– Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or hit him during email@example.com