– USD/CAD Range Vulnerable to Less-Dovish BoC, Rising Oil Prices.
– AUD/USD Clears Mar Low, Searches for Support Ahead of Australia Employment Report.
Chart – Created Using Trading View
- The Canadian dollar continues to outperform opposite many of a vital counterparts, with USD/CAD during risk of exam a reduce end of a new operation amid a ongoing alleviation in Canada Employment; will keep a tighten eye on a Relative Strength Index (RSI) forward of a Bank of Canada’s (BoC) seductiveness rate preference on Apr 12 as a oscillator appears to be reacting to former trendline support.
- Even yet a BoC warns a ‘Bank’s 3 measures of core inflation, taken together, continue to indicate to element additional ability in a economy,’ signs of a stronger labor marketplace interconnected with a 253.7K imitation for Canada Housing Starts might pull executive bank officials to dump their dovish tinge as a sign for building activity outlines a top reading given 2007; during a same time, a new pickup in oil might spin a flourishing regard as a stickiness in wanton prices raises a hazard of second-round effects on a genuine economy.
- Nevertheless, Governor Stephen Poloz appears to be in no rush to lift a benchmark seductiveness rate off of a record-low as a executive bank conduct warns opposite normalizing financial process prematurely; in turn, some-more of a same from a BoC might extent a downside risk for USD/CAD generally as a Federal Reserve appears to be on march to exercise aloft borrowing-costs over a entrance months.
- With USD/CAD still capped by the Fibonacci overlie around 1.3450 (23.6% retracement) to 1.3460 (61.8% retracement), a initial downside jump comes in around 1.3280 (50% retracement) to 1.3310 (38.2% retracement), that coincides with a April low (1.3295), followed by 1.3200 (61.8% retracement).
Chart – Created Using Trading View
- AUD/USD appears to be tracking a range carried over from 2016 as it stays capped by a Fibonacci overlie around 0.7730 (61.8% retracement) to 0.7770 (61.8% expansion), and a mangle of a Mar low (0.7491) accompanied by a ongoing array of reduce highs lows keeps a near-term opinion slanted to a downside generally as a Relative Strength Index (RSI) preserves a bearish arrangement from February; will keep a tighten eye on a oscillator as it approaches oversold domain given a greeting seen late final year.
- Even yet Australia’s Employment news in expected to uncover a 20.0K miscarry in pursuit growth, a Reserve Bank of Australia’s (RBA) Financial Stability Review might moderate a interest of a higher-yielding banking as a executive bank warns ‘growth in domicile borrowing, mostly to squeeze housing, continues to overtake enlargement in domicile income’ and Governor Philip Lowe and Co. might boost their efforts to tame interest-rate expectations amid a ‘build-up of risks compared with a housing market;’ nevertheless, might see a Australian dollar face a identical greeting as it did with a RBA Minutes as a executive bank mostly endorses a wait-and-see proceed for financial policy.
- With that said, marketplace participants might compensate increasing courtesy to a uninformed tongue entrance out of a Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), with another collection of 2017-voting members (Fed Chair Janet Yellen, Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari and Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan) scheduled to pronounce over a entrance days; will continue to guard interest-rate expectations as Fed Fund Futures are now pricing a larger than 60% luck for a Jun rate-hike amid a growing contention to adjust a change piece in late-2017.
- A shutting cost subsequent a 0.7500 (50% retracement) hoop shifts a concentration to a subsequent downside aim around 0.7450 (38.2% retracement) followed by a Fibonacci overlie around 0.7410 (23.6% expansion) to 0.7420 (61.8% retracement).
For More Updates, Join DailyFX Currency Analyst David Song for LIVE Analysis!
Click HERE for a Entire DailyFX Webinar schedule.
Track Retail Sentiment Based on Trader Positioning
Click Here for a DailyFX Calendar
If you’re looking for trade ideas, check out the Trading Guides.
Silver Price: Damage Has Been Done, Lower Prices Ahead
Technical Weekly: USD/JPY and 110.00; Bears’ Kryptonite
Gold Technical Analysis: Breakout Failure Despite Syrian Conflict
Technical Focus: SPX Trendline Hold and Nikkei Trap?
April Forex Seasonality Sees USD Weakness contra AUD, GBP, and EUR
— Written by David Song, Currency Analyst
To hit David, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on Twitter during @DavidJSong.
To be combined to David’s e-mail placement list, greatfully follow this link.