To accept Michael’s research directly around email, greatfully SIGN UP HERE
- EUR/JPYrange mangle to offer near-term guidance- broader opinion constructive
- Check out a New 3Q projections in a Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts.
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
EUR/JPY Daily Timeframe
Technical Outlook: EUR/JPY has continued to trade within a cramped of this extended descending pitchfork arrangement fluctuating off a Jul 2016 lows. The span is consolidating within a initial monthly opening operation after encountering connection insurgency progressing this month during 130.69. Near-term support rests with a monthly open during 127.96 and a concentration is on a mangle of this operation streamer into a tighten of Jul trade.
A topside crack targets a shifting together fluctuating off a Dec highs that converges on a 2016 high during 132.29, corroborated by a 61.8% retracement during 134.29. A mangle next highlighted slope support risks a incomparable scale improvement in a span with such a unfolding targeting a 127-handle corroborated by 125.67 a median-line / 38.2% retracement during 124.69(broader bullish invalidation).
Learn some-more about Pitchfork formations in Michael’s three-part trade series
EUR/JPY 120min Timeframe
Notes: A closer demeanour during cost movement highlights a converging seen given a monthly open. Interim insurgency stands during 129.75 corroborated by simple trendline resistance, now ~130.40s. Immediate support rests during 128.89. From a trade standpoint, I’ll preference offered rallies while within this operation though eventually we’ll be looking for a incomparable pullback to offer some-more auspicious long-entries. Added counsel is fitting streamer into acceleration releases from Japan and Germany this week with a events expected to fuel increasing sensitivity in their particular crosses.
- A outline of IG Client Sentimentshows traders are net-short EUR/JPY- a ratio stands during -2.33–bullish reading
- Retail has been net-short given Apr 25- Price has changed 11.3% aloft since
- Long positions are 9.6% reduce than yesterday though 4.9% higher from final week
- Short positions are 10.1% higher than yesterday and 19.9% reduce from final week
- We typically take a contrarian perspective to throng sentiment, and a fact traders are net-short suggests EUR/JPY prices might continue to rise. That said, positioning is more net-short than yesterday though reduction net-short from final week and the multiple of stream view and new changes gives us a serve churned near-term trading bias.
- Bottom line: Sentiment is entrance off extremes and highlights a near-term risk to this advance. Ultimately, we would be looking to blur a pullback in a span targeting a crack of a 2016 highs.
What to demeanour for in EUR/JPY retail positioning – Click here to learn more about sentiment!
Relevant Data Releases
Join Michael on Friday for his bi-weekly Live Webinar on a Foundations of Technical Analysis- Register for Free Here!
Other Setups in Play:
- Strategy Webinar: Markets during Risk for Trend Exhaustion Ahead of FOMC, U.S. GDP
- ECB Preview- EUR/USD Rally Faces Moment of Truth
- GBP/USD Rejected during Resistance- Price Constructive Above 1.2890
- AUD/JPY Rallies to Fresh Yearly Highs – Initial 2017 Targets in View
– Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or hit him during firstname.lastname@example.org.