To accept Michael’s research directly around email, greatfully SIGN UP HERE
- GBP/USD Carves monthly opening operation next 2017 highs
- Check out a New British Pound quarterly projections in a Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
GBP/USD Daily Chart
Technical Outlook: The British Pound has forged out a monthly opening-range only next a 2017 high tighten during 1.3589 with halt support eyed during a 2018 high-day tighten during 1.3495. As discussed in this week’s Technical Perspective, anniversary tendencies are flattering complicated for Cable with a daily movement form also looking a bit exposed here. Ultimately, we’re looking for a mangle of this operation to countenance a near-term opinion with a broader disposition still weighted to a topside while within this multi-year descending pitchfork arrangement / 1.3320.
New to Forex Trading? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
GBP/USD 240min Chart
Notes: A closer demeanour during cost movement highlights a due pitchfork fluctuating off a highs with cost resilient off a 50-line progressing today. We’ll preference vanishing strength while next a weekly open during 1.3575 with a mangle next 1.3456 changeable a concentration towards connection support during a median-line / 38.2% retracement during 1.3389.
A crack of a design weekly opening-range highs / 1.3589 would keep a broader long-bias in play with such a unfolding targeting successive insurgency objectives during a 2017 high during 1.3658 and a Brexit opening during 1.3675. Bottom line: a risk is reduce in argent though eventually a incomparable reversal would offer some-more auspicious long-entries while within a broader uptrend. Look for a mangle / tighten of a monthly opening-range to get things going.
For a finish relapse of Michael’s trade strategy, examination his Foundations of Technical Analysis mini-series
- A outline of IG Client Sentimentshows traders are net-short GBPUSD- a ratio stands during -1.52 (39.6% of traders are long) – diseased bullishreading
- Retail has remained net-short given Dec 28; cost has changed 1.1% aloft given then
- Long positions are 3.1% reduce than yesterday and 0.2% aloft from final week
- Short positions are 10.1% reduce than yesterday and 16.2% reduce from final week
- We typically take a contrarian perspective to throng sentiment, and a fact traders are net-short suggests GBPUSD prices might continue to rise. Yet traders are reduction net-short than yesterday and compared with final week. Recent changes in view advise that a stream GBPUSD cost trend might shortly retreat reduce notwithstanding a fact traders sojourn net-short.
See how shifts in GBP/USD sell positioning are impacting trend- Click here to learn some-more about sentiment!
Relevant Data Releases
Why does a normal merchant lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Other Setups in Play
- AUD/USD Price Rally Vulnerable- Pullback to Offer Opportunity
- Weekly Technical Outlook- USD Crosses Grind into 2018 Open
- USD/CAD Bears to Face NFP / Canada Employment
- EUR/USD Technical Analysis – Price Rebound Eyes Key Resistance Hurdles
– Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or hit him during firstname.lastname@example.org