- USD/CAD down some-more than 5% given December- initial support targets in view
- Check out a 2018 USD/CAD quarterly projections in a Free DailyFX Trading Forecasts
- Join Michael for Live Weekly Strategy Webinars on Mondays at 12:30GMT
USD/CAD Daily Price Chart
Technical Outlook: USD/CAD broke below a monthly opening-range lows on Jan 24th with a decrease holding cost to uninformed four-month lows into a start of Feb trade. Daily support rests only reduce during 1.2244 where a 78.6% retracement of a Sep allege converges on 2017 slope support.
A mangle next this connection segment would be indispensable to keep a short-bias in play with such a unfolding targeting successive support objectives during a 2017 low-day tighten during 1.2156 and a 2017 low / Fibonacci connection during 1.2025/56. Daily insurgency is eyed during a 1.2388-1.2416 operation with broader bearish cancellation adult during 1.2581/97 – a segment tangible by a monthly open, a yearly opening-range high and a 100-day relocating average.)
New to Forex Trading? Get started with this Free Beginners Guide
USD/CAD 240min Price Chart
Notes: A closer demeanour during cost movement sees Loonie trade within a proportions of a well-defined forward channel arrangement fluctuating off a Jan highs with a top together serve highlighting insurgency during 1.2388. The evident concentration is on a mangle of a 1.2241-1.2388 operation to offer near-term guidance.
Why does a normal merchant lose? Avoid these Mistakes in your trading
Bottom line: Although a broader opinion stays weighted to a downside, a evident decrease is exposed while above 1.2241. From a trade standpoint I’ll preference vanishing strength while within this arrangement with a mangle next channel support expected to fuel accelerated waste towards successive support objectives during 1.2025/56. Keep in mind we get a recover of U.S. NFPs (Non-Farm Payrolls) tomorrow with a eventuality expected to fuel increasing sensitivity in a USD crosses.
For a finish relapse of Michael’s trade strategy, examination his Foundations of Technical Analysis mini-series
USD/CAD IG Client Sentiment
- A outline of IG Client Sentimentshows traders are net-long USDCAD- a ratio stands during +1.42 (58.7% of traders are long) – bearishreading
- Retail has remained net-long given Jan 25th; cost has changed 0.6% reduce given then
- Long positions are 3.4% aloft than yesterday and 14.4% aloft from final week
- Short positions are 5.9% reduce than yesterday and 21.9% reduce from final week
- We typically take a contrarian perspective to throng sentiment, and a fact traders are net-long suggests USDCAD prices might continue to fall. Retail is serve net-long than yesterday and final week, and a multiple of stream positioning and new changes gives us a stronger USDCAD-bearish contrarian trade bias from a view standpoint.
See how shifts in USD/CAD retail positioning are impacting trend- Click here to learn some-more about sentiment!
Relevant USD/CAD Data Releases
Other Setups in Play
- AUD/USD Price Rally Vulnerable Ahead of FOMC, NFP
- Bitcoin Price Breakdown Resumes- Bears Aim for New 2018 Lows
- German DAX Signals Risk for Further Losses
- Weekly Technical Outlook- US Dollar Bears to Face FOMC, NFP
- USD/JPY Plummets to 4-Month Lows; More Pain to Follow?
– Written by Michael Boutros, Currency Strategist with DailyFX
To accept Michael’s research directly around email, greatfully SIGN UP HERE
Follow Michael on Twitter @MBForex or hit him during firstname.lastname@example.org