FX TALKING POINTS:
- USD/CAD Rate Outlook Mired by Failed Attempt to Test 2018-High (1.3125). U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI) on Tap.
- EUR/USD Preserves Bearish Sequence, Relative Strength Index (RSI) Sits in Oversold Territory Ahead of European Central Bank (ECB) Rhetoric.
USD/CAD struggles to keep a allege from progressing this month, with a span during risk for serve waste following a unsuccessful try to exam a 2018-high (1.3125). Meanwhile, EUR/USD extends a bearish method from progressing this year, with a Relative Strength Index (RSI) still flashing an impassioned reading as a oscillator binds in oversold territory.
USD/CAD RATE OUTLOOK MIRED BY FAILED ATTEMPT TO TEST 2018-HIGH (1.3125)
The near-term allege in USD/CAD might continue to uncover following a unsuccessful try to exam a 2018-high (1.3125), nonetheless uninformed updates to a U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI) might keep a span afloat as both a title and core reading are expected to collect adult in April.
Even nonetheless Fed Fund Futures still uncover singular bets for 4 Fed rate-hikes in 2018, signs of worsening cost pressures might boost a seductiveness of a greenback as it puts vigour on a Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) to exercise a some-more assertive proceed in normalizing financial policy. A collection of certain developments might extent a downside risk for USD/CAD, with a span during risk of confronting range-bound conditions over a residue of a week as Chairman Jerome Powell and Co. oath to exercise aloft borrowing-costs over a entrance months.
However, like a below-forecast imitation for a Producer Price Index (PPI), a gloomy consumer cost news might hint adverse conditions for a U.S. dollar,and USD/CAD might continue to prune a allege from a prior month as marketplace participants scale behind bets for an extended hiking-cycle.
USD/CAD DAILY CHART
- Lack of movement to pull behind above a 1.2980 (61.8% retracement) to 1.3030 (50% expansion) segment caps a near-term opinion for USD/CAD, with a span during risk for serve waste as a Relative Strength Index (RSI) appears to have flopped brazen of overbought territory.
- Need to see a shutting cost subsequent 1.2830 (38.2% retracement) to open adult a broader range, with a subsequent area of seductiveness entrance in around 1.2720 (38.2% retracement) to 1.2770 (38.2% expansion) followed by a 1.2620 (50% retracement) region.
For some-more in-depth analysis, check out theQ2 Forecast for a U.S. Dollar
EUR/USD PRESERVES BEARISH SEQUENCE, RELATIVE STRENGTH INDEX (RSI) SITS IN OVERSOLD TERRITORY AHEAD OF EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK (ECB) RHETORIC
Fresh tongue entrance out of a European Central Bank (ECB) might fuel a new array of reduce highs lows in EUR/USD should President Mario Draghi hang to a same tune.
Signs of ongoing tardy in a euro-area economy might inspire President Draghi to broach a dovish debate after this week as a Governing Council struggles to grasp a one and usually charge for cost stability. The executive bank conduct might mostly stress a wait-and-see proceed as ‘measures of underlying acceleration sojourn resigned and have nonetheless to uncover convincing signs of a postulated ceiling trend,’ with a Euro during risk of confronting serve waste if a debate shows a larger eagerness to lift a stream process into a second-half of 2018.
However, with a quantitative easing (QE) module set to end in September, President Draghi might start to change a brazen superintendence as ‘the underlying strength of a euro area economy continues to support a certainty that acceleration will intersect towards a acceleration aim of below, nonetheless tighten to, 2% over a middle term.’
In turn, a collection of less-dovish comments might hint a bullish greeting in Euro, nonetheless new cost movement in EUR/USD keeps a near-term opinion slanted to a downside generally as a Relative Strength Index (RSI) sits in oversold territory.
EUR/USD DAILY CHART
- Downside targets sojourn on a radar for EUR/USD as it extends a bearish method from progressing this week, with a break/close subsequent a 1.1790 (23.6% retracement) to 1.1810 (61.8% retracement) segment lifting a risk for a pierce behind towards 1.1670 (78.6% expansion) to 1.1680 (50% retracement).
- May see euro-dollar continue to work a proceed towards a November-low (1.1554) as both cost and a RSI safety a bearish formations from progressing this year, nonetheless a movement indicator might foreshadow a near-term miscarry in a sell rate once a oscillator climbs above 30 and flashes a text buy signal.
For some-more in-depth analysis, check out a Q2 Forecast for EUR/USD
Interested in carrying a broader contention on stream marketplace themes? Sign adult and join DailyFX Currency Analyst David Song LIVE for an event to plead intensity trade setups!
Additional Trading Resources
Are we looking to urge your trade approach? Review a ‘Traits of a Successful Trader’ array on how to effectively use precedence along with other best practices that any merchant can follow.
Want to know what other banking pairs a DailyFX group is watching? Download and examination a Top Trading Opportunities for 2018.
— Written by David Song, Currency Analyst
To hit David, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me on Twitter during @DavidJSong.
To be combined to David’s e-mail placement list, greatfully follow this link.